Straight Smiles Are for All Ages
No matter if you’re 7 or 70, it’s never too late to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Straightening your smile can have a significant impact on confidence, improving multiple areas of your life. Plus, there are many lesser-known benefits to having a straight smile that have nothing to do with appearance. Besides the obvious cosmetic benefits, orthodontic treatment offers advantages like:
- Making it easier to brush and floss effectively
- Allowing gums to fit more securely around teeth
- Preventing teeth from wearing down unevenly
- Lowering risk of tooth injury
- Reducing headaches and neckaches
Dr. Slawek and Dr. Lepore treat patients of all ages and will work to find a treatment plan that fits your needs.
Seeking orthodontic treatment as an adult? You’re not alone. According to the American Association of Orthodontists, one in five orthodontic patients is older than 21. You’re never too old to get the straight smile you deserve.
While adults can certainly wear metal braces, they generally tend to prefer options like:
- Ceramic Braces: These are made of clear material, making them less visible than metal braces.
- Invisible Braces: These are completely invisible and removable, so you don’t need to restrict your diet during treatment and brushing and flossing is hassle-free. Learn more about Invisalign.
Orthodontics for Children
You should take your child to the orthodontist at around age 7. By this point, most children are beginning to develop their adult teeth, allowing the orthodontist to properly determine an appropriate treatment plan, if necessary.
Assessing children’s teeth early allows orthodontists to:
- Improve small speech issues
- Address the effects of thumb-sucking
- Reduce crowding in your child’s mouth
- Guide your child’s jaw as it grows, helping teeth to align correctly as they grow in
- Minimize the chances that permanent teeth will need to be removed down the road
- Reduce the length of your child’s overall orthodontic treatment time
At your child’s first orthodontist visit, the doctor will determine whether two-phase treatment is necessary.
Invisalign requires a great deal of self-discipline, so it is typically not recommended for children. However, responsible teenagers can often successfully use the treatment.
These invisible aligners appeal to teens because they are virtually invisible and can be taken out during meals.
Ready to Get Started?
Whether you have questions about treatment options or you are ready to schedule a complimentary consultation, reach out to us using our online form or by calling (610) 828-4231. We handle both children and adult orthodontics at our office, conveniently located in Lafayette Hill.